E.M.S. Memorial Co-operative Hospital & Research Centre Ltd named after the legendary E M Sankaran Namboothiripad (1909 – 1998) also popularly known as E M S is widely recognized as the "hospital for people" in Kerala. It is primarily backed by the philosophy and dedication of E M S, who devoted himself for the service of humanity and elevating the poor and laymen in Kerala.
Further, with the medical arena developing at an increased pace, the hospital was established to benefit the new inventions that are applicable for human society. Additionally, the current dilemma of private sectors to invest crores of rupees with no gains and the non-availability of proper amenities to facilitate the ongoing developments led to the incorporation of this super specialty hospital in the cooperative sector. Since, the cooperative sector endeavors to promote and strengthen such new innovations.
- Hospital was established with share capital of 50 Lacks and 50 bed facility.
- Now the hospital is owned by 30500 members and the share capital contributed by them comes to Rs. 97 Crores. It has grown in to as NABH accredited and ISO 2008 certificate hospital with 550 beds and 28 consultancy department.
- Hospital is poised for further growth with expansion of beds to 800 numbers
Board of Directors
Hospital is managed by the board of directors, consisting of eminent personalities. They are,
- Dr. A Mohammed - Chairman (Retd. DMO)
- Dr. V.U Seethi - Vice Chairman (Former IMA President)
- Sri. Karunakaran T.K
- Sri. Sreeramakrishnan P (Hon. Speaker, Kerala Legislative Assembly)
- Sri. P.P Vasudevan (Former Chaiman, Pension Board and PCU Bank)
- Sri. Sekharan P.C
- Sri. Krishnan Karangat
- Smt. P.K Zainaba (Former Vanitha Commission Member)
- Sri. Narayanan P
- Sri. Sasikumar V – Executive Director (Ex- MLA)
- Sri. Ramannan K.P
- Smt. Hafsa Mohammed
- Smt. Vimala
- Dr. Mohandas - Medical Superintendent
- Dr. Kochu. S. Mani - Deputy Medical Superintendent
- Sri. M Abdunnasir - General Manager
- Sri. Jimmy Kattady - Chief Administrative Officer